We endeavour to treat personal and confidential organisation information with equal care and respect. To reflect this, we are committed to upholding the statements below.
What do we use information for?
We will use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- Marketing Communications. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services and to supply you with caravanning and holidaying hints, tips and information.
- We will use your personal information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our visitors or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
- Transactional purposes. We will use your personal information to respond to your queries and requests,
Other information is collected by us, but this is either anonymised (as in the case of IP addresses) or is business information (such as Company, or Job Role).
Where we collect personal information, we do so on the basis that the individual has specifically consented or on the basis that an individual has or is entering into a contract with Piran Caravan Sales.
If we do seek to collect personal information through our website, we will be clear and open about this. We will make it evident when we are collecting personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
When you provide personal information, we will enter and store it in our database and use it to contact you for marketing communications and to continue to discuss business, services and products which may be of mutual benefit.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data, you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems which are hosted by cloud service providers.
In order to maintain the accuracy and relevancy of information, we perform checks every 6 months and this may include making contact with the subjects of the data to check details.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information gathered on our website for the purposes of promoting and delivering our services is retained for 12 months from the date of consent being provided.
- Correspondence not relating to a contract will be retained for 1 year following its creation.
- Records and documents relating to contracts and insurance policies will be retained for 5 years after the end of the contract or policy.
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold. However, in the course of running our business some data does get transferred outside of our organisation:
- Aggregate information on the usage of our website will be passed to third parties but this will not include data that can be used to identify a natural person.
- Where we do collect personal information this will be stored within the EU using iCloud service providers or CRM systems. We have checked and will continue to check that these providers implement appropriate security measures to protect this data.
If you need more information, here's who can help:
See Cookie article in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Summary of Cookie use on this site
Some extensions, components, modules or plug-ins on this site may create their own cookies. For example to store a session, a viewing or a possible saved choice or selection.
Notifying users of cookies use